ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Cypriot barber who usually cuts my hair was out when I went to his shop. So I went to a place called "Kung Fu Cuts" in Shoreditch. The barber was a Glaswegian with a big question mark tattooed to his hand.

I told him to shorten the back and sides and leave some length on the top... He did this, but then he said, "Are you sure you want the top this long?" I told him he could go ahead and trim it a bit

Next thing I know, he is twisting my hair into tufts resembling haystacks and cutting of the tops. I have to admit, I was almost perverse in my desire to see what he would actually do my hair, considering that I just asked for a normal cut. Then he broke out the thinning shears. I'm a bit self-concious about my hair thinning (be this imaginary or not, I don't know) and so I HATE the thinning shears, which ever barber insists upon using on me. Finally he opened his scissors and started dragging the blade through my hair cutting parallel lines from the front to the back.

What would this be? Was I getting laser lines so I could hang out with the Bengali kids in my neighborhood?

When it was all said and done, I had what my sister refers to as the "Euro Mohawk". I would take a picture, but I think your imagination will serve you better. It is actually quite popular here.... It is the coolest haircut I've had since the barber circumvented my mom's will and gave me a flattop when I was 12! Maybe it's TOO cool for me...

I just hope it isn't too cool for the interview for which I'm flying back to America...

14.10.8 0rz

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have a faux hawk? i'd never have guessed!

    a conversation:

    my dad [upon noticing the length of my hair]: "when was the last time you had a haricut?"

    me: "um, yesterday." (it was actually two days prior, but i'd forgotten.)

    my dad: "really? what a waste."

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Omar said…

    i too feel the pain of thinning hair. I have started to let my hair grow out after cutting it all of, but this weekend a family member that I have not seen in 5 years said to me within two minutes of our conversation beginnning, "you are starting to lose your hair, just like your dad!". I give up, the hair is coming off again. I can picture your hair, but i still want evidence.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Omar said…

    ak, I just thought i would write a comment because I like seeing you laugh and get frustrated and feel that the following comments will do both. I am going to a party and was thinking of taking a voice modulator and telling people to call me dr. rosenpenis. Also, i had a girl over and she left promplty after she was talking to me and caught a glimpse of a picture of you and oz on my picture board (you were in her line of sight). p.s. Abes called and he still claims you are a second tier fighter. Take care of yourself. OMS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home