ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ever since I returned from Indiana for Christmas, I haven't been sleeping properly. Up till 7 am one night... taking a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Repeat.

Needless to say this is not the most productive schedule to keep. Even the LitePod can't overcome this sort of handicap. But last night, I decided to make my stand.

I went to bed at 10 PM.. and.. I woke up at 3 AM. I checked my email but was too groggy to blog...so I played a bit of online euchre (sh!). I was back in bed by 4, and lied awake in bed, staring at the ceiling until 7.

When I decided to get out of bed, my grand plans to go to the gym were out the window. Moving in slow motion, it somehow took me two hours to make oatmeal and take a shower.

When I eventually DID get to the library, I got a fair amount of work done... On the other hand, on the way there I almost got hit by a bus and I bumped into at least half a dozen irate commuters and a 5 year old girl whose father about sicked his pit bull on me. (I was carrying my backpack, laptop, AND gym bag, the latter not being utilized at all) I also walked into the ladies room. I'm surprised with my luck that none of my professors were in there
.
Ok, I watched a movie in the library too (But I DID get work done!)... I just couldn't keep cocentrating after about 3 hours. So I watched a movie by Kenji Mizoguchi called, "Sisters of Gion." It was about geishas and made in 1936. I watched it because one of my favorite directors, Tarkovsky, said that Mizoguchi was one of HIS favorite directors. I must say, I enjoyed it quite a bit more than that other geisha movie. It had a far more natural depiction of human nature. It showed the desperation of these women without resorting to sensationalism and titillation.

It is certainly more sympathetic to the women itself, thought it also shows how the society in which they live corrupts their ability to relate to men in any meaningful way...

No gender roles tonight though.. If I go to bed now, I just might break through.

??/??/? 0rz

1 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You must make yourself go to sleep. You have started a bad habit. Change it now before it is too late. Just go to bed. Make yourself get up early.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home