ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Friday, January 20, 2006

I have filled in several posts in December and January... I marked them with asterisks should anyone want to know which ones are new.

I just realized that I didn't even write about the significance of the cross carved in the ice or of water in general (the Russians bath in that cold water AND drink it)... but I'll spare you.

On to more profane subjects, I have to thank my Bulgarian flatmate for the fact that I spent last night in a pretty swanky bar (ok that was my doing) in the company of two pretty attractive girls. Certainly better than the more typical company of... myself.

There is a song called "Dr. Pressure" that is played in all the clubs and bars here. Whenever it is played, all the females in the place go "woooooooo" and start dancing. This phenomenon is not unlike how girls responded to a certain Eazy-E song that shall remain unnamed whenever it was played at any frat party. Of course, the
notable thing in that instance is how girls shake their shit and squeal with delight when one of the most degrading songs possible is played.

The lengths that some girls will go to try and please the WORST sort of guys. It's as if their brains have been pulverized by pervasive modern notions of sexuality. Ok, I don't know by what... but by something. On the other hand, these same girls are then just as capable of being stone cold and humiliating some other guy...a topic for another day.

In any event, I like THIS song myself. For one thing, any song that gets a room full of hot European girls to shake their asses is bound to evoke warm feelings. (Interesting how I say "European" when I want to stress beauty...otherwise I say "British"...but they are (generally) the same). Anyway, I also like having this secret knowledge of a song "everybody" knows... when I'm not really part of everybody. I'm in on something Hoosiers don't usually get to know.

Doctor Pressure

Ok the Europeans like degrading songs too...

but they don't get quite as into this one...though it's a club staple too.


??/??/? 0rz

2 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger baj said…

    what are you saying? pounding, repetitive, mindless electronica doesn't make you want to tap tap tap your feet?

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger akrites said…

    How can I HELP but tap my feet. All that flashing and repetition. It's like the Manchurian Candidate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home