ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Whenever there is a big holiday... and I'm here in Europe, I always feel a nearly palpable sense of anticiptation... followed by a slight dissapointment.

Today (25th), is the Feast of the Annunciation. It is exactly nine months before Christmas day.. and people say they were recondite in Late Antiquity!

It was once a great holiday all over Europe. In fact, it was New Year's Day in the West (hence tax day is April 6 which is Annunciation by the Old Calendar)... Our New Year was Sept. 1....

But for all that... nothing. Just another day. I know, I know... I should have gone to listen to Evensong at St. Pauls (I should do that regardless)... I just sometimes wish I was in London 1406 instead of 2006.

??/??/? 0rz Nam fuit ante Helenam cunnus taeterrima belli
causa. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home