ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tonight is the height of the Leonids. Since obviously I can't see them, those of you at home should do yourself a favor and go look up at the sky tonight.

I've been neglecting my blogging duties, but I HAVE almost finished my paper and caught up with my Greek, as well as finishing an application.

I also found time to go to Rousseau and Munch exhibitions last weekend. I don't have much to say about Rousseau. I like his paintings aesthetically... jungles and tigers and shit. Other than that, pretty typical French stuff.

Munch on the other hand, is fascinating. His self portraits (Holding a cigarette, in Hell, Salome, etc.) depict a sort of isolation and loneliness that I think is all too relevant in our post communal world. At least it's relevant to me...though I try to keep something in Pandora's box. I see now how much he influenced Ingmar Bergman movies such as "Wild Strawberries."

If you have a preference as to which artist you prefer, I may take that into account when sending postcards. (Or send me your address if I haven't yet sent you one!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home