ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

More fireworks! I guess the seige hasn't been broken yet. Well, I suppose it's better than Paris.


Surely the bane of modern man is filling out forms. Granted, it's better than the alternative, some super database containing all information on every single person, accessible by anyone with permission. Though really, is there a need to fill out paper forms just to be able to buy a quart of milk for ten pence less? Or do I HAVE to fill out a long form for my transcript as opposed to walking into the office of transcripts (they don't have a simple "registrar" here) and having the secretary push a button and print it off? For that matter, why can't they just send it electronically to anyone who needs it.

This has been yet another very frustrating day for me. I got yet ANOTHER letter from the bank, just like the first, that said my standing order could not be completed because there is no standing order and enclosing a copy of my standing order. So I went to a different branch of Lloyd's and the woman took one look at it and said that I wrote the routing number on the wrong line, indicating it was a repeat standing order (it didn't seem to say that though) and took care of it. Hopefully... I'll see if it went through tomorrow.

Then there is the transcript issue.... I need transcripts for applications I'm making right now. Deadlines are approaching. I sent out for all of them three weeks ago. My American transcripts have arrived. I was a bit curious why my King's transcript had not. They have kind of an odd system. They DO have an online application form... but you can elect to have them call you when it's ready and then you come pick it up, which I did. Well 3 weeks and no call. So today I call them, and that lady says she was "just" processing my form, but that I had to get my transcript from the University of London because I am in a federal program.

So I email them and get this:

HIS IS AN AUTOMATED REPLY IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR
MESSAGE HAS BEEN READ
*********************************************************
This is an automated reply.



Thank you for your understanding during this period.

*********************************************************
Thank you for contacting the University of London Transcripts
Office; your message has been received.

You should be aware that the Transcripts Office is extremely busy at present and it may take some time to respond to your enquiry.

Your patience is appreciated at this very busy time.

We will endeavour to respond to any email within 5 working days.

If you have requested application forms for transcripts/letters confirming your award, please assist us by ensuring that your mailbox will accept attachments up to 95KB in size.

If you are enquiring regarding the whereabouts of requested documents you should note that payment is taken upon receipt of application. There will therefore be a delay between funds being taken and the issue of the documents.

The transcripts office is extremely busy at present and processing may take many weeks from receipt of application.


What the HELL? It takes many weeks when Indiana University with a student body of 50,000 can do it in a day? So I call..and get an automated message to the same end... and so I call again.. and get an answer... and the lady says she can email me the application form for the transcript... there is no way to do it in person. So I get the application. It informs me that I canNOT fax it, only post it... and that it will be 20 quid!?!?!

So fuck me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home