ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

No more shelling here, but yet ANOTHER night of riots in Paris. It seems they are all over France now, as well as in Brussels (sorry Ted, no waffels and chocolate for you), and Berlin! If the shit goes down here, I'll be in the thick of it. I'm just glad that they are Bengalis who live here and not Pakistanis. The Bengalis generally aren't very big people and I think I could hold my own, but a couple of big Punjabis and I'd be in trouble. Hopefully, they'll think I'm Turkish as well.. and being swarthy will finally pay off.

In all seriousness though, everything seems pretty calm here. While there are always kids standing around, probably up to no good, I never really feel endangered (as the only Greek) here. I don't think the situation in London is as bad as in some of the industrial cities in the north of England, where economic hardship has been particularly tough on the immigrant communities.

Today is my giorti.

Thanks to everyone for remembering. Χρονια Πολλα to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home